An educational experience unlike any other…
You make it possible.
For more than a half century, Havern School has forged the path as one of the very few intervention-based schools for students with learning disabilities west of the Mississippi River.
We provide an education program for elementary and middle school students with diagnosed learning disabilities. With a 4:1 student-to-staff ratio, master teachers, occupational therapists and speech/language pathologists provide a comprehensive, research-based program of intervention services.
Most importantly, we create confident learners who will leave Havern with the skills to continue to succeed far beyond our walls and who will be a positive force in the world.
Given the importance of our mission, we don’t leave that to chance.
Building & Land Purchase
In December 2016, we launched a $5.5 million capital campaign to purchase the school we have called Home for the past 50 years. On June 1, 2018, we will purchase the 13-acre hilltop campus that currently houses Havern School and the Loretto Center in a 90,000-square foot building from The Sisters of Loretto.
Our expanded footprint of more than 50,000 square feet will immediately allow for:
- Centralizing the School’s physical presence in the building;
- Expanded classroom space for all grade levels;
- A separate floor with three middle-school classrooms – including a congregating space, making it immediately possible for an additional 15 students to enroll;
- Classrooms at all age levels will gain additional small group instruction space;
- An innovative digital classroom/maker space; and
- An expanded art room;
- Meeting necessary safety code standards including $750,000 for a mandated fire sprinkler system;
A Learning Evaluation Center at Havern School
For decades, it has been a dream for Havern to expand its outreach to the greater Denver metropolitan community through the establishment of a Learning Evaluation Center. That dream has become a reality.
Our team has worked diligently with numerous well-respected pediatricians and therapists to plan and create a new community-based assessment center. In the fall of 2016, we launched a pilot program for Havern families. Once we purchase our new home, we will be able to offer the services of the Learning Evaluation Center to all families in Colorado
- We offer multidisciplinary evaluations which include psychoeducational, cognitive, language development, motor skill development and academic achievement assessments to children 2 ½ through 17 years of age;
- Our diagnostic team includes speech/language pathologists, occupational therapists and clinical licensed psychologists;
- Additionally the evaluation team is trained to administer the ADOS (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule) to individuals suspected of having Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders.
Today, more than 1,200 students in grades K-8 have graduated from Havern.
We boast a 95% high school graduation rate for students, compared to an average of 77.3% of all Colorado students.
We can serve more children.
Help Us Buy Our Home & Preserve Our Legacy
So that we can continue to create bright futures for children with learning disabilities.
Havern Capital Campaign Committee Members
Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Managed Services
Head of Influencer Relations
Enterprise Business Unit | Windstream
Dr. Matthew Dorighi
Cherry Creek Pediatrics
Paul C. Herzog
Founder and Principal
Ascent Living Communities
Chief Financial Officer
Parker Lipman LLP
Founder and Managing Director
Highland Ventures Group
Founder, GroundFloor Media
Lydia M. Peña SL
Sisters of Loretto
Matthew J. Smith
Holland & Hart LLP
Rob Stettner, AIA LEED® GA NCARB
Senior Project Architect
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions
Vice President, Financial Planning