This position is for an assistant teacher in a multi-grade classroom at Havern School, serving
students with learning disabilities. This specific classroom will have 10 students, a lead teacher and
an assistant teacher. We follow a self-contained intervention model, with the teachers responsible
for teaching all subject areas (reading, writing, math, science and social studies). Differentiated
instruction is delivered in a small group format, in groups of 3-5 students per teacher. Daily hours
Roles and responsibilities
- Deliver instruction to students, following the directions, plans and guidelines of the lead
- Help create a positive classroom environment where students are engaged, challenged at
their individual level and supported (both emotionally and academically).
Supervise students at recess and lunch.
- Develop a respectful, positive and caring rapport with students.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work with colleagues and families and students.
- Attend to the social and emotional needs of students.
- Attend school functions, meetings and trainings. Maintain a willingness to increase
knowledge and understanding about student needs and to learn and grow through in-
service opportunities, speakers, summer reading assignments, etc.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Ellen Hall, email@example.com
Havern School offers a full package of benefits including health, dental, life insurance, and