This position is for an assistant teacher in a multi-grade classroom at Havern School, serving students with learning disabilities. We follow a self-contained intervention model, with the teachers responsible for teaching all subject areas (reading, writing, math, science, and social studies). Differentiated instruction is delivered in a small group format, in groups of 3-5 students per teacher. Daily hours are 8:00-3:00.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver instruction to students, following the directions and guidelines of the lead teacher.
- Help create a positive classroom environment where students are engaged, challenged at their individual level, and supported (both emotionally and academically).
- Supervise students at recess and lunch.
- Develop a respectful, positive, and caring rapport with students.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work with colleagues and families and students.
- Attend to the social and emotional needs of students.
- Attend school functions, meetings, and trainings.
- Maintain a willingness to increase knowledge and understanding about student needs and to learn and grow through in-service opportunities, speakers, summer reading assignments, etc.
Havern School offers a full package of benefits including health, dental, life insurance, and retirement.
Please look at our website for more information about our school: www.havernschool.org If you are interested in the position please submit a cover letter and resume to Molly Buttitta, Interim Head of School at email@example.com.